Sunday, April 10, 2011

Attitude- it will make me or break me

Attitude... What comes to mind when you hear that word?  Someone's face that you really think needs to get a new life.. or maybe the fellow employee, family member or church member that always has a negative comment about any given situation.  I'm sure there are many people that we think need a lecture about his/her attitude.
Sometimes I'll tell my kids to 'get an attitude check'. There are times I have to tell myself the same thing.  Life is not all about me!  
I've realized in my personal life that keeping a good attitude determines how I view and face many challenges; it also determines the outcome of my life during that situation. Here's a very true quote:  Our attitude determines our altitude!  That principle will help you realize why some people are overcomers in every area of their life, and why others feel like they are the 'last ones to get help'. 
One thing I've learned in 42 years of living - Life happens when we least expect it! Our job is to avoid this popular entitlement mentality that so many are taking on, and learn to face the reality of life -- sometimes we just don't get our way!
Do you realize your thoughts affect your attitude?  What you are thinking about determines your feelings of a matter.  Basically, change your thoughts - change your attitude!
If you are struggling with negative thoughts about your work, school, parents, spouse, pastor, co-worker, etc, I challenge you to check your attitude...that is where you will find the greatest success in life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment