Sunday, February 27, 2011

Pregnant with Passion

What if our desire for God and His principles to be working in our life were as strong as our desire for food, or our want for something that really satisfies us? 
Recently I was talking with a friend and found myself saying something that I had never put into words, but had been praying about...passion.  The words 'pregnant with passion' came out of my mouth, and then I realized what I had said;  wow, think about what it means to be pregnant - full of life, giving birth to something that's going to change your world! 
The one challenge you and I have is to not allow this life- this passion of pursuing another Kingdom that's different from our natural world - inside of us to be aborted.  We find in the Word of God that His desires can be ours - if we simply ask Him to place them in us; however, we are the determining factor whether this desire, this passion, is allowed to continue growing - or not.
My challenge is the same as yours....keeping our passion for God, His plan for us and His Word priority in my life.  We have a promise that anyone who 'seeks first God and His Kingdom' will have all our needs taken care of (Matt 6:33). 
As we go through this year, let's pray for and keep a passion for truth and wisdom, for healthy marriages and healthy relationships with our children, co-workers and friends.  
Ask yourself the question I asked myself... am I pregnant with a passion for God?  If so, amazing things are in store for  you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment